Himalayan Salt Lamp Could Kill Your Cat

Himalayan salt lamps are decorative lights that are carved out of pink Himalayan salt and believed to have various health benefits. But while they can benefit our health, they can also be deadly to your pets.

A warning has been issued by a vet to pet owners that they need to watch their pets around Himalayan Salt Lamp. The sodium on the lamp could poison your pets and cause diarrhea, loss of coordination and seizures. 

Ruby the cat suffered sodium poisoning because she licked the Himalayan salt lamp at home. Her owner Maddie Smith noticed that Ruby’s behavior wasn’t as usual but she reckoned that it was the weather. She was nearly killed but luckily when Smith returned home from work, she saw that it’ had gotten really bad. Ruby couldn’t walk, drink or eat and her vision and hearing were damaged as well.

She took her to the vet immediately, they discovered that sodium poisoning caused her a life-threatening brain swelling.

Many pet owners don’t know that their pets lick the Himalayan lamp. Since lots of houses have this decorative lamp it’s important to spread the word like Ruby’s mom did. 

Smith wanted other pet owners to know, so she posted a warning on Facebook telling people about the incident.

What do you think?

Image Report
Please mention by text your issue

This website uses cookies to provide you with the best browsing experience.

Go Animals Newsletter

Go Animals is an inspiring website that spreads love and happiness through ‘must-read’ content all over the globe. We believe that making people smile and inspired can make a difference in the world.