Be Aware! Golden Retriever Tragically Died From Rope Toy

When we get our pooches new toys, the last thing that crosses our minds is that they’ll eventually hurt them.

As children or any other human being get excited when they get something new, dogs do too. Dog owners, Tuckler wanted to pamper her dogs with some new rope toys for dogs. She would never think that they’d be unsafe for her doggos since the toys were designed especially for canines.

Vizsla Dog Lovers

In a matter of a day, the toys were ruined. The whole floor was covered with rope shreds, so Tuckler rushed into action and threw all the mess away. But a horrible thing had happened. Her Golder retriever, Sam that was only 14-months-old, had swallowed the rope shreds, which caused severe damage in her stomach and intestines.

Vizsla Dog Lovers

The worst had happened. Tuckler took the poor pup to the vet, and little Sam died shortly after it happened.

Tuckler warned on Vizsla Dog Lovers Facebook group: “The ball unraveled and tore several holes in her intestines as she tried to pass it.” She explained, “They removed 3 feet of rope that was entangled in her intestines. They also removed 14 inches of perforated intestines. The damage from the rope was so extensive that she passed away two days later. We did not even have the option of having another surgery. She quickly became septic and bled from her intestines into her stomach.”

Tuckler didn’t buy anything that was considered as harmful for dogs. She would never get it if she knew it could harm her beloved furry companion. The heartbroken dog owner’s goal was to warn other dog owners so no one else will ever experience the same traumatic story she is going through.

“Linear objects pose more danger because they travel along the intestines causing more damage as they clinch the intestines into a tight ball,” she further explained. Apparently, there are people who know that the rope toy is deadly, “According to an article posted by Germantown Veterinary Clinic’ Ropes are the most dangerous objects your dog can swallow’!!”

The rope toy that Tuckler bought looks like an ordinary toy that almost every pet store sells.

Vizsla Dog Lovers

How do we know that the rope toy has harmed our dogs? Well, it causes loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, lots of drinking. Do not wait! Take your dog right to the vet immediately! Ultrasound and x-ray in a lot of cases can’t indicate the issue; therefore having surgery is the only way to know surely. Sam’s operation didn’t succeed for the damage was too big.

Tuckler sadly added: “This was a senseless and avoidable death.” She continued, “These items should not be sold for dogs. I believe there is power in numbers and if we can share Sams story maybe we can save a dogs life.”

Rope toys are dangerous for cats too! So please watch over your cats as well.

It is important that every person who reads the article share it to avoid other disasters easily.

Dear Tuckler, we send our condolences and hope that the story you shared will save other dogs’ lives. RIP dear Sam.

What do you think?

Image Report
Please mention by text your issue

This website uses cookies to provide you with the best browsing experience.